European Association for Integrative Coaching
The owner of a certificate (from the fields of Coaching, Training, Team development or organisation development) agrees to adhere to the ethical guidelines of the European Association for Integrative Coaching:
- A certified coach undertakes never to restrict the decisions and actions of others with his knowledge and skills. He / she uses his / her knowledge and his / her skills in the interest of the client, and places special emphasis on the systemic effects of the interventions.
- With his / her knowledge and his / her skills he / she is obliged to contribute to the development and improvement of man and society.
- Exceeds a coaching process the skills or knowledge of coaches (e.g. in cases of suspected mental illness), he/she recommends a suitably qualified person (e.g. a psychotherapist) and closes the coaching.
- A certified coach commits himself to undergo regular training.
- The owner of a certificate commits himself to observe secrecy about the contents of a coaching process, if there is no other legal obligation. The cases presented during the supervisions are also to be rendered anonymous.
- The owner of the certificate will not refuse a client on the grounds of his/her gender, nationality, complexion, religion, sexual orientation or for other reasons, which could be considered as discriminatory.
- The owner of the certificate declares not to be a member of Scientology (or any of its disguised organisations) and agrees not to follow the methods of L. Ron Hubbard. The certified coach also disassociates himself from other sects and sect-like alliances.